Saturday, September 1, 2012

Reading

I love to read.

What I love most about reading is that it transports you to a different world, be it a magical, mythic world, or a memory of a place you used tobe in your life.

Recently I have read two great books, Going Home by Harriet Evans Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.

GOING HOME:
To sum it up without giving it away, this book is about love and family. It's written so well and completely transports you into the world of Lizzy, the protagonist. Evans develops Lizzy so well that you aren't surprised by her decisions and you always know how she will react, as of she were your own best friend or sister. This story is captivating and light and I would recommend the book to anyone looking for a fun, romantic read to keep you cozy in the fall.

PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER:
It is commonly known that Chbosky has produced a classic and timeless work with this one. Each and every character of the plot is so fully developed and each so unique. This story is one of surprise, sorrow, compassion, and love that took me on a trip down memory lane as I relived many of the feelings I had as an innocent freshman experiencing love and heartbreak and friendships for the first time. The element of mystery still found in a main character you know so well is what leaves you feeling so fulfilled once you put the book down. I read this entire book in one shift, I couldn't put it down!

<3
F


No comments:

Post a Comment