Friday, August 10, 2012

My Beauty Routine

Makeup:

Unfortunately, I break out easily and no foundation can be used regularly without breaking out regularly. Because of that my makeup routine is very simple.

I brush a light layer of powder over my face to hide any shiny spots and even my skin tone a bit.
I then accent my cheek and brow bones with Benefit Moonbeam for a slight sparkle.
I fill in my ridiculously fair eyebrows with a drug store brow powder that I apply with a thin angled brush.
I use a rose colored eyeshadow as a base and accent it with a subtle dark purple, almost mauve color in the crease of my eye. I then top it with a thin layer of brown eyeliner on my top lid, a coat of mascara, and a dark pink color of Chapstick that tints my lips ever so slightly.

Hair:

My hair is curly, long,  frizzy, and incredibly unpredictable. The routine I have found that works best for me achieves the most tame and least frizzy beach waves possible.

I wash my hair using Organix Coconut Milk shampoo and conditioner (it smells irresistible).
I then towel dry my hair and apply Organix Coconut Milk serum to the bottom half of my hair focusing on the ends to mend any dead ends.
I then spritz Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray on my entire head and brush it through.
I then divide my hair into four sections and braid each loosely without securing the ends with a rubber band. I then wrap the braids into a loose bun and secure it with a rubber band.
I sleep with my hair like this as if I let my hair air dry without sleeping on it, my curls are out of control.
I wash my hair every other day and if necessary, I use Not Your Mother's Dry Shampoo between washes.

I hope this wasn't too boring!

<3
F

No comments:

Post a Comment